Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday

   There hasn't been too much excitement in my life this week but it is Friday, so here is my 5 for Friday with:



{1}






I started working in my classroom this week.   It doesn't look like I've done much to it but I did get the boxes out of my basement from my old classroom and was able to find places for everything in my new room.  I'm trying to stick with a pirate/treasure theme for the room so you can see I have started my bulletin boards to go with it. 

{2} 

I got this book I ordered in the mail and so far it is really helpful.  I would recommend this to any teacher to learn how to handle challenging behaviors.


{3} 

My Mary Kay team had a project runway viewing party on Thursday.  We watched a video that showed us how to get the emerald eye look from the show and then practiced on each other.  It was really fun and inspired me to start trying other looks.  You can see a look I did today with purple eye shadow on my previous blog post. 

{4}

I had to take my dog Jack to the vet this week.  He was sneezing pretty badly for a few days and was laying around instead of wanting to play.  It took us 4 hours at the vet just to get him a shot and some medicine. It ended up costed me $179 for everyone.  Jack and I did not have a pleasant visit and plan to go to a new vet next time.

{5}

I did get the chance to lay out by the pool some this week.  Sadly, it looks like I may only have a couple more days of nice weather before teacher work days begin.  It is calling for rain here the next several days. I guess I will have plenty of time to read my new book! 


3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great book! I purchased "Solving Thorny Behavior Problems" through Responsive Classroom and it's been a huge help so far! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    smbhankinson@gmail.com
    Learning is for Superstars
    follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the last bit of your break. The pool looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make the most of your last few days. The pirate theme sounds great!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete