Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Fun

    It has been a long but fun St. Patrick's Day for this Carolina girl.  I had a little too many activities planned today for my kiddos and some we didn't get to, but lots of learning went on in the CBS room today.  Next time I will try to do better at taking pictures.

1.  We started our day by learning why we celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  We used getepic.com to read a nonfiction book called St. Patrick's Day.  This book was great because it had mini chapters that each explained why we do certain things on St. Patrick's Day.  We then wrote a summary of each chapter on shamrocks.

2.  We listened to the story That's what Leprechaun's Do by Eve Bunting.  We then created our own Leprechaun's and will be do a writing activity with the book tomorrow to talk about what we do if we were a leprechaun.

\

3.  We used Magic Stars cereal to count and graph the marshmallows. Tomorrow we will look closely at our graph to answer questions about what we had the most of, etc. 




4.  We did not have time today to get to the pot of gold hunt I had planned for outside.  I have a list of directions for my students to follow in order to find the pot with gold coins inside.  I know they will enjoy this so I will try it tomorrow.


Happy St. Patrick's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment