Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Worship Wednesday

     Today I'm linking up to an awesome new link up I found called Worship Wednesday. In this linkup you just share any scripture, verse or experience that has encouraged you during the week. I've been reading a great book recently called You'll Get Through This by Max Lucado. A quote that stuck out to me this week while I was reading was "Hard hearts never heal, spongy ones do." I have been pretty bitter about certain things that have happened to me recently and let certain people harden my heart. Reading this was a wake up call that I needed to let go of things that were weighing me down. 

     It is so easy when something bad happens to want to run from God instead of draw closer. There are times when I have thought, how could God let this happen when I feel as though I'm doing everything he has guided me to do. Then I came across this verse:


Even in the depths of despair, God is still there.  When I feel like running because nothing seems to be going right, God is still guiding me.  It look me a while to realize that I needed to open my heart to what God was teaching me, but when I did I found a lot of joy.   God is always with us, even when we may feel like he has left us all alone.

Has someone hardened your heart? A co-worker, friend, or someone from a past relationship? If so, don't close your heart to God. His intent is for us to shine and be filled with happiness.  Show the negative people in your life that your light shines regardless of how much they try to break you down.   

Now I will stop rambling and leave you with a song that has encouraged me recently.  Don't forget to go link up to Worship Wednesday




4 comments:

  1. I am a big David Crowder fan anyway - but that song is my anthem right now! :) I love the scripture you chose. Such a great reminder that wherever we are, we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really like the quote and the verse. So inspiring. It is easy to let people harden our hearts. It is hard to just let it go and forgive quickly instead of letting it weigh us down. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything David Crowder because of how his songs motivate others. Love your blog.

    Jasmine
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for linking up this week! I had a rough week, and your post was really encouraging to my spirit. Psalm 139 is my absolute favorite of all the psalms, so much that I call it my life's verses. I love that God pursues us into the depths. It doesn't matter if we ended up there by others or if we jumped in by our own choices (I've done this more than I care to admit!). He pursues us into the depths because he LOVES us so much. I have heard this song many times, but it brought me to tears this time. "Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal." AMEN.

    ReplyDelete